The holidays can be hectic! Whether you’re shopping for a family of fifteen or preparing meals for the block, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with everything that needs to get done. So, what can you do about it? Organize!
To help you get started, APHW has put together a pre-assembled checklist so you won’t miss a beat this holiday season. Enjoy!
Nov. 20 – 26
- Thanks-Getting: This week is largely focused on preparation for Thanksgiving. Organize what foods you plan to prepare, create a shopping list, and get those foods.
- Keep the Kids Happy: Children don’t typically sit quietly and eat the entire time the adults are chatting away at the dinner table. Organize an activity or two for when they ‘finish’ that can keep them occupied (at least until they come back for seconds).
- Food Prep: Set up any foods that can be pre-made the day before, and organize your cooking schedule on the day of to alternate between things that will take up space on your range vs. things that don’t require one, such as salad or cranberry sauce.
- Ask for Help: Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance! There is no rulebook anywhere that says you have to do it all yourself, so save yourself some stress and ask the earlier arrivals to help out in the kitchen. They’ll probably be more than happy to oblige!
Nov. 27 – 30
- Holiday Greeting Cards – Get cards and stamps (or even e-cards) out of the way early, to avoid a last-minute “Oops, I forgot Grandma!” situation. Write down a list of your family and friends so you don’t forget anyone.
- Start Gift Shopping – The earlier you start, the less stressful it is, especially with online shopping! To save time and frustration, write down who you are buying presents for, and a specific list of items. This will also help you prevent overspending on impulse gifts.
Check back soon for Parts II and III, and for other holiday ideas! You can also call us at 888.351.3681 or visit APHW.COM for more information about America’s Preferred Home Warranty.